This legal notice is issued by Etrawler full owner of ArgusRentals.com ("we", “us” or “our”). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and appreciate the importance of responsible use of personal data collected on this website. We take great care with personal information, taking steps to keep it secure and ensure it is used only for our legitimate business purposes.
This policy (together with our booking engine terms and conditions of use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.argusrentals.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, completing a vehicle rental booking form or query form, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access. We may also collect, and our third party providers of advertisements and content may collect, information about where you are on the internet (e.g. the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .ie and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms that you entered on our website. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Bookings: When you make a booking of vehicle rental on our site, we need to use personal information about you and other passengers included in your booking. We request the following information depending on what specific service you require: name, e-mail address, home address, phone number, gender, date of birth, city and country of birth, driving license number, class of driving licence, passport number and type and country of issue on passport, flight number. Sensitive information such as health, medical, dietary, mobility and religious requirements may also be required. This personal information may be passed on to other suppliers of your travel arrangements in addition to public authorities (customs and immigration), security, and credit checking organisations and otherwise as permitted or required by law.
- Secure Transactions: All requests and credit card confirmations sent to us pass directly through our secure server to protect your information. . Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. To check that your browser is using the secure server, ensure that a small padlock icon on the lower part of your browser window is visible. When it is in the “locked” position, it means that your transaction is secure. These security features are only activated for pages where you can view and submit your request or confirm your quote by providing your credit card number.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you to do their jobs. We have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in place that protect personal information about you.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To facilitate vehicle rental bookings by disclosing your personal data to a vehicle rental provider when you book a vehicle rental with a provider using this website.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or if you wish to be removed from our list you may, at any time, notify us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email communication you received from us.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will only disclose data in a way compatible with the purposes for which it was obtained. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our booking engine terms and conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Save as provided herein we do not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by unticking the box on the booking form relating to marketing emails or by unsubscribing to any such marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all email communications. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Argus Car Hire, The Chapel, Mount Saint Annes, Milltown, Dublin 6
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have a right to receive a copy of any data, which personally identifies you, held by us. We may charge you an administration fee to cover the cost of carrying out your request. You should write to ArgusRentals.com, The Chapel, Mount Saint Anne’s, Milltown, Dublin 6, Ireland marked "Data Access Request". You should include adequate information to identify yourself and, such other relevant information that you may have that will reasonably to assist us in fulfilling your request. Your request will be dealt with as soon as possible and will take not more than 40 days to process.
You also have a right to have inaccurate information corrected. If you discover that we hold inaccurate information about you, you may instruct us to correct that information. Your instruction should be in writing to the address set out above. A request will be dealt with as soon as possible and will take not more than 40 days to process.
It is prohibited to use any device, software or routine, directly or indirectly to interfere or attempt with the proper working of this website, any activity in operation on this site to place any undo load or stress upon our systems. We monitor access to the site for data scarpers and automated access of information and we will block processed engaging in these activities.